Guided hike up the mountains west of Glen Etive
Hidden behind the impressive peaks of Glencoe, peace can be found on less frequented mountains. South of Glencoe, to the west of Glen Etive and above dense forests, fine ridges lead to mountains with fine views westwards to Mull and beyond.
At a glance
- A day of guided hiking over mountains overlooking Glen Etive and Glen Creran.
- Reach superb vantage points from where vast views can be savoured, particularly over Appin towards Morven and Mull .
- Bag the two Munro summits of Beinn Fhionnlaidh and Sgor na h-Ulaidh.
- Join a small group led by an experienced leader familiar with the area.
Dates and booking
|Winter 2016||£50||To be confirmed||Enquire »|
Outline of trip
General infoThis event is a guided hiking day with one of our experienced and qualified leaders. Your guide will know the area well and be able to give you insight into the flora, fauna and geology. Our maximum guide to client ratio on this event is 1:6.
Experience and fitnessWe've classed this event at the top end of 'moderate', based on the distance and ascent expected. To join this guided hiking day, we ask that you have a reasonably good level of fitness and have done a few hillwalks. More information is detailed on our Events Grading page.
Gear you'll needYou'll need your general hiking gear appropriate to the conditions and time of year. More information and a checklist to download can be found on our Mountain Gear page. On previous events at this time of year we have encountered winter conditions, and if this is the case on this event, we can help provide winter gear if needed.
Getting thereThe road through Glen Etive runs from the A82, just west of Kingshouse Hotel. There are bus services that run between Glasgow and Fort William to Kingshouse Hotel. There is no public transport down the glen, but we will be able to offer pick-up from Kingshouse Hotel if required.
AccommodationBelow is a list of accommodation that previous guests on our trips recommend. If you require some help with your accommodation, please contact us and we'll be delighted to assist.
- Kingshouse Hotel (basic but fine and fairly inexpensive)
- Clachaig Hotel (excellent walker's bar)
- Bridge of Orchy Hotel (new contempary rooms).
- Farr Cottage Lodge
- Glencoe Independant Hostel, south of Glencoe
- SYHA Hostel, also south of Glencoe
- Invercoe Campsite by Glencoe Village (takes tents)
- Glencoe Mountain campsite and pods
Contact us via our enquiry page, email or phone us on 0131-466-8152.
About usOur guiding team
Book an event
© 2016 Steven Fallon